My current work has been inspired and informed over the years by a longstanding career in the Performing Arts. Artists, coaches, directors, dancers and choreographers I was fortunate enough to work with and who have inspired and influenced my dancing and post-dancing careers include Natalia Makarova, Rudolf Nureyev, Suzanne Farrell, Peter Martins, Fredrick Ashton, Patricia Neary, Suki Shorer, Ben Stevenson, Peter Schaufuss, Lynn Seymour, Elisabetta Terabust, Marika Besobrasova, Patrick Armand, Christopher Bruce, Christopher Hampson, Ivan Nagy, Raisa Struchkova, Alexandra Danilova, Frederic Franklin, Alicia Markova, David Wall, Elizabeth Anderson to name just a few.
Following over 14 years with English National Ballet (former London Festival Ballet) I aim to improve, empower and promote self-growth, wellness and well-being in professional elite dancers through a collaborative and facilitating consultative holistic model. Through evidence-based scientific and applied psychological theories these are some of the different areas of expertise:
- Performance Optimisation and Enhancement
- Optimal Functioning
- Injury Rehabilitation
- Developing Coping Mechanisms and Responses to Adversities (Emotion-focused and Problem-focused)
- Stress and Arousal Levels Management
- Motivational Skills
- Perfectionism and its impact
- Audition Preparation and Positive Emotions
- Psychological Mental Skills
- Mindfulness approaches within Dance Performing Arts
- Developing and nurturing Well-Being and Wellness in Elite Dancers
- Preparation for Career Transitions and Career Change
- Empowering Career Change
Collaborations include the English National Ballet Company (ENB), the English National Ballet School (ENBS), the London Studio Centre (LSC), Rambert Company and Rambert School.